It’s a common thing to feel tensed and fearful in situations that we find threatening. But you might be suffering from a serious anxiety problem if your anxiety has been too difficult to handle and you could not do what you wanted to do because the tension took over you.
A state of tension which is also accompanied by bodily changes such as sweating, palpitations, trembling, breathing difficulty or dizziness can be taken as a cause for concern. During such a state, one might also find it difficult to concentrate on the task at hand which leads to inefficiency and mistakes.
Take an Assessment
Are you experiencing a marked increase in the amount you are worrying?In the past few months, have I have been:
1. Getting agitated easily
2. Feeling fidgety and restless
3. Reacting excessively to situations
4. Experiencing a marked increase in the amount I am worrying
5. Finding it difficult to control the thoughts that are making me anxious
6. Have recurring and excessive thoughts about a certain activity
7. Having difficulty focusing on my work
8. Feeling fearful towards a specific object or environment
9. Getting nervous in social environments
10. Have experienced a traumatic event and continued to think and dream about it
11. Feeling fatigued easily
12. Feeling symptoms like shortness of breath, tingling, trembling numbness, light-headedness, palpitations, etc. while stationary
13. Experiencing issues falling asleep and/or staying asleep
14. Eating lesser than usual
15. Unable to or had problems when trying to relax at the end of the day
If you have scored between 0 and 5, you anxiety seems to be under control. If you have scored between 5 and 10, your anxiety is approximately average. If you have scored between10 and 15, you are highly inclined to being anxious. Learning techniques that lower your anxiety and help you cope with situations better are recommended.