People with Cluster A disorders often seem odd or eccentric, with unusual behaviour ranging
from distrust and suspiciousness to social detachment.
- Paranoid. These people are suspicious and quick to take offense. They often have few confidants and may read hidden meaning into innocent remarks.
- Schizoid. These patients care little for social relationships, have a restricted emotional range, and seem indifferent to criticism or praise. Tending to be solitary, they avoid close (including sexual) relationships.
- Schizotypal. Interpersonal relationships are so difficult for these people that they appear peculiar or strange to others. They lack close friends and are uncomfortable in social situations. They may show suspiciousness, unusual perceptions or thinking, eccentric speech, and inappropriate emotion.
Worried if you / your loved one have/has a Personality Disorder?
- Does the way you think, feel and behave cause you or others significant problems in daily life?
- Does the way you think, feel and behave causes significant problems across more than one aspect of your life?
- Have you been experiencing these problems for a long time?
If you have said yes to most of the above, we might be able to help you.
Services we provide that can help you: