Obsessive-compulsive disorder is characterised by unreasonable thoughts and fears (obsessions) that lead to compulsive behaviours.OCD often centres on themes such as a fear of germs or the need to arrange objects in a specific manner. Symptoms usually begin gradually and vary throughout life. It may seem like a common thing that happens to many people, but when it begins to cause problems in everyday living and you are unable to concentrate on studies or work, it must not be taken casually.
Worried that your teenager might have OCD:
- Does your child avoid touching certain things due to fear of germs or tends to wash his/her hands excessively?
- Does your Child have a habit of checking things over & over again?
- Does your child have a tendency to worry excessively?
- Does your child seem bothered about keeping things in a specific order or gets upset seeing things not organised perfectly?
- Does your child have difficulty in throwing things away?
- Does your child tend to repeat certain numbers or activities to feel good?
Services, we provide that can help your child and you:
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy