Internet addiction is described as an impulse control disorder, which does not involve the use of an intoxicating drug and is very similar to pathological gambling. Similar to other addictions, those suffering from Internet addiction use the virtual fantasy world to connect with real people through the Internet, as a substitution for real-life human connection, which they are unable to achieve normally. Internet Addiction Disorder is subdivided into varying categories. The most commonly identified categories of Internet Addiction include gaming, social networking, blogging & online shopping.
Worried that your growing child might be a victim of Internet Addiction?
- Does your child play video games on the Internet in excess?
- Does your child keep on checking social networking sites repeatedly?
- Is the child’s excessive computer use interfering with his/her daily life – friendships, work & school?
- Does your teen have feelings of Euphoria while using the internet?
- Does your Child show tantrums if not given the cellphone?
Treatments, we provide that can help your child and you: