People with Cluster C disorders often show anxiety and fearfulness along with a tendency to over control.
- Avoidant. These timid people are so easily wounded by criticism that they hesitate to become involved with others. They may fear the embarrassment of showing emotion or of saying things that seem foolish. They may have no close friends, and they exaggerate the risks of undertaking pursuits outside their usual routines.
- Dependent. These people so much need the approval of others that they have trouble making independent decisions or starting projects; they may even agree with others whom they know to be wrong. They fear abandonment, feel helpless when they are alone, and are miserable when relationships end. They are easily hurt by criticism and will even volunteer for unpleasant tasks to gain the favour of others.
- Obsessive–Compulsive. Perfectionism and rigidity characterize these people. They are often workaholics, and they tend to be indecisive, excessively scrupulous, and preoccupied with detail. They insist that others do things their way. They have trouble expressing affection, tend to lack generosity, and may even resist throwing away worthless objects they no longer need.
Worried if you / your loved one have/has a Personality Disorder?
- Does the way you think, feel and behave cause you or others significant problems in daily life?
- Does the way you think, feel and behave causes significant problems across more than one aspect of your life?
- Have you been experiencing these problems for a long time?
If you have said yes to most of the above, we might be able to help you.
Treatments we provide that can help you:
Medication (if required)
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy